Home

  • Welcome to King's Lynn Minster - a place to be at home with God.

    Here at the Minster, there is lots to see and do. Please click on the tabs above or see this week's calendar below for more information.

    In December 2011, The Bishop of Norwich dedicated The Priory and Parish Church of St Margaret as King's Lynn Minster.
     
    The Minster is situated in the historic surroundings of the Saturday Market Place in the heart of King’s Lynn. Founded by the first Bishop of Norwich, Herbert de Losinga, in 1101, the Minster has offered a welcome to pilgrims and visitors for over 900 years.

    The Minster is open all day, every day.

    Visitors are welcome to join us for any service or just walk around and enjoy the atmosphere of this Historic and Holy Church.

    You can contact us at The Minster Office, St Margaret's Vicarage, St Margaret's Place, King's Lynn, PE30 5DL; tel: 01553 767090. Email: office@kingslynnminster.org

    text

  • The Chapel of St Edmund and The Peace Globe
    In 2006 the area under the South West Tower was reordered to form an area of peace and tranquility just inside the West Door of the Church. It has proved to be a popular area of prayer and contemplation.

     

     

     

    The Chapel was dedicated by the Bishop of Lynn to St Edmund maintaining the link with, the now closed St Edmund's Church in North Lynn.

    The plaque on the west wall reads:

    Chapel of St Edmund

    Created 2006

    In Memory of

    William Hurdman

    Vicar 1995-2002

    "A Man for all people"

    text